The league does follow the same rules as the CLA when it comes to equipment. For those joining the league from the NCSSAA (OHSFLL) you already wear the proper equipment but please review below.
For those who are not sure or have never played before here is a list.
- helmet (goalies must have a throat guard attached)
- mouth guard
- shoulder pads (chest pad with should cups for goalies only)
- jock (goalies are required to use a goalie specific cup)
- shoes (no metal cleets are allowed)
- stick (at this time the league does recognize a solid wooden stick as legal)
- shin pads (goalies ONLY and they must be covered with track pants or long socks)
Although not a required piece of equipment arm guards are recommended. For those worried about their kidneys or ribs the option of wearing box lacrosse kidney pads is available.
Equipment retailers are located in the Ottawa area and online. For one of the better stores in Ottawa carrying lacrosse gear see Rink Pro located in Stittsville. Any gear can be ordered.